Please read these important updates from our management team at South Beach Casino & Resort, regarding the COVID-19 Virus.
Dear valued customers and South Beach Casino & Resort employees,
We thank you for your support during these very challenging times, and we’re focused on ensuring the health and safety of our employees and guests.
South Beach Casino & Resort is closed until further notice.
Our management team is working closely with our Human Resources team to support our employees during this time. All employees will be paid until April 5. Effective April 6, other options of using PTO will be available, and temporary lay-offs will be implemented.
Please refer back to our website, for all updates, during these closures.
South Beach Casino & Resort Management
Table Games Department Summary:
The Table Games department is responsible for providing a fun table game experience and atmosphere for patrons and guests by dealing various table games in a fast paced environment. We deal seven different games; Black Jack, Double Deck, Fortune Pai Gow, Texas Hold’em, Texas Shoot out, Baccarat and Roulette. Every game must be played in accordance with gaming procedures, internal controls and comply with Manitoba Gaming Laws. This is achieved by having diverse team of Dealers, Inspectors and Pit Managers.
Summary of Related Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledges and greets all guests and patrons while welcoming them to table games
- Promotes and encourages positive customer relations
- Deals cards to players as appropriate according to established rules, procedures and game security
- Computes payable odds to pay winning bets; pays winning bets and collects losing bets
- Ensures that wagers are placed before cards are dealt or roulette wheel is spun
- Announces winning number, color or hand to players
- Verifies opening and closing chip inventories; receives fills and distributes credits
- Exchanges paper currency for playing chips
- Receives internally issued promotional coupons and processes as appropriate
- Monitors game and notifies supervisor of any disputes, problems or concerns with either a patron or the progress of a game
- Promotes player club program and resort activities
Some Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidates ideally have proven customer service skills that foster and build relationships with guests and support a team philosophy with the guest in mind. Satisfactory completion of dealer’s training school or Casino approved equivalent with one year of dealing experience preferably. Good math skills with the ability to do it quickly and accurately.
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba (LGA).
Table Games Department Positions:
Click on position for a brief description
- Table Games Dealer
A dealer is responsible for providing a fun table game experience and atmosphere for players by dealing various table games in a fast paced environment. Maintains and deals all table games in accordance with gaming procedures, internal controls, and rules of the appropriate game as necessary.
Inspectors operates, supervises and conducts table games in accordance with gaming procedures and internal controls while leading fellow team members in support of overall customer satisfaction.